Springfield Youth Academy
At Springfield Healthcare, we work closely within the community to engage students at local schools and colleges. We recently identified that a high percentage of the younger generation didn’t know what the Health & Social Care Sector does, and they were not aware of how rewarding a career in care can be. That is why the Youth Academy was created!
The average age of a care worker is now around 48 years old and if we don’t engage the youth of today, once our existing employees retire, we are going to have a very real staffing crisis throughout the industry. In order to bridge this gap, and to create meaningful career journeys for the youth of today, we have created our Youth Academy. We are here to inspire students to enter the industry and build on their learning of Health & Social care teaching in education today.
With this programme we can:
- Help identify a career journey into healthcare
- Increase student knowledge of the fundamentals of care
- Build confidence through scenario-based training
- Enhance opportunities for students
- Offer mentoring and support throughout recruitment and qualifications
- Support students with apprenticeships, specialist clinical training, further qualifications and eventually a Nursing Associate Programme!
By working closely with schools, colleges and educational facilities, we are hoping to welcome our very first cohort of apprentices, within our Youth Academy, to build a stable and knowledgeable workforce for the future with committed and engaged individuals to look after our valued customers.
T: 07590 226707