Assistant Cook (Maternity Cover)
At Springfield Care Villages we've been providing kind, compassionate care in beautiful, uplifting, award winning environments for over 50 years and we're looking for a Assistant Cook to join us at Seacroft Green Care Centre, Seacroft, Leeds.
We are a Yorkshire based group and the wellbeing of our people is at the heart of everything we do. We strive to be the best in everything we do, so if you are looking for a new opportunity or a change of career where you can make a difference, we can help you.
We are looking for an Assistant Cook on a temporary 36 hours per week contract - to cover a maternity leave placement for up to one year.
Purpose of Role To support the Kitchen Manager:
• To prepare nutritious food to an excellent quality standard taking into account any special dietary requirements, religious or cultural beliefs, adaptations to food etc.
• To ensure the menus available reflect the wishes of the residents, create a dining experience and evoke memories and conversations.
• To ensure that the presentation of all meals served meets or exceeds the residents’ expectations.
• To work as part of a team to ensure that the residents enjoy a meaningful and enjoyable life within the care home environment.
• To assist the Kitchen Manager in supervising the day to day running of the kitchen and catering services within a large care home.
• To ensure that the preparation and presentation of food is of a high standard and complies with required standards and costs which are controlled and within budget.
• To implement the requirements set out by Environmental Health and the local authority. To ensure that the kitchen and associated areas fully conform to the requirements as laid down under Health and Safety at Work legislation.
• To ensure that the company’s policies and procedures are adhered to and that all processes undertaken meet internal and external audit requirements.
• To supervise staff effectively to ensure a team approach to the running of the kitchen and quality food service delivery.
Seacroft Green is a beautiful care home in a fantastic location, within the heart of the local community. We offer residential and dementia care, as well as respite breaks.
Our dining rooms and restaurants serve delicious and nutritionally balanced meals all prepared by our experienced chefs.
Our activities programmes will be tailored to our residents from walking clubs, to round the world themed days, technology based fun or baking.
The skills and experience of our team members means that Seacroft Green is beautiful to live in, operated professionally, and provide very high standards of care.
Rewards and Benefits
We support all our staff personally and professionally, and we commit to making your time with us happy and fulfilling.
We are recognised by Investors in People. The award demonstrates the work we are putting into our people management, including our growing focus on staff wellbeing. The feedback our teams shared with IIP is wonderful to read, and the process has highlighted some great areas for continued growth. The accreditation contributes to our goal to be a great place for people to start, grow and develop their career in care.
In addition we offer a fantastic package of benefits including;
- Competitive rates of pay
- Excellent induction and ongoing training
- Healthcare plan offering 24/7 access to doctors and counsellors, cashback on prescriptions, eye care, dental care and more.
- Flexible working hours to ensure you have the work / life balance that you require
- Discount card for money off at 100s of high street stores.
- Mental health first aiders and dedicated Wellbeing Lead
- Referral bonuses
- Employee of the month incentive
- Seasonal giveaways
- Long service awards
Everyone is important and we all treat each other as we would like to be treated ourselves. Springfield strives to make a positive difference to the lives and wellbeing of its residents and staff
Do you want to make a positive difference? If so, please get in touch and we can help you grow your career with us You could be working in a great place with great people in no time at all!