Job title Chef Reports to Head Chef / Catering Supervisor
Location Care Villages
- To provide a high standard of service in the home, promoting dignity, privacy, choice, the rights of the residents and a person-centred ethos.
- To ensure a warm friendly atmosphere, putting the residents first in all aspects of service delivery.
- To provide a service that helps carers to provide care for residents to help them achieve their personal potential and to be emotionally, spiritually and physically cared for to a high-quality standard.
- To support residents to live in a communal environment that is well maintained, clean and attractive.To provide food and beverages of a high-quality standard, in a customer focussed way that is responsive to the needs of individuals and is a high-quality service.
- To serve food in innovative ways that encourages residents to maintain healthy diets as per their documented plan of care.
- Under the direction of the Head Chef or Catering Supervisor, assist in kitchen tasks connected with the cooking and preparation of meals and beverages whilst ensuring the highest quality, as required by the residents and management.
- Carry out general kitchen and dining room duties, such as setting tables, washing up, serving meals etc.
- Conform to the home’s food hygiene and infection control policy and in particular critical points/hazard analysis. Personal appearance must be of an acceptable level, hair tied back, appropriate protective equipment worn and sensible non-slip shoes should be worn.
- Ensure all equipment is well maintained and in good working order and to report any defects to the chef in charge.Ensure all food served to residents meets or exceeds their expectations and work to promote healthy nutrition and hydration.
- Provide food that meets residents’ individual needs and requirements.Communicate with residents and read information to ensure all residents are catered for in the manner they prefer.
- Conform to the home’s policies and procedures and maintain a safe working environment.Be responsible for the preparation and cooking of light meals for residents following instructions from the chef in charge.
- Ensure the kitchen and dining areas are clean, maintained and adhere to the cleanliness standards required by relevant legislation from environmental health and other regulatory bodies.
- Maintain and support the standards for infection prevention and control in line with agreed guidelines.
- Support a safe working practice in the home.
- Report any unsafe working practice in the home.
Promote a positive personal/professional profile within the local community, ensuring the good reputation of the home at all times.
Ensuring the security of the home is maintained at all times.
Carrying out any additional tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
- Food hygiene Health and safety training
- COSHH training Infection Control training
- Willing to undertake all relevant training
- First Aid qualification Dementia awareness
- Previous experience in a food serving industry
- Customer service experience
- Previous experience working in a care environment
Skills and Attributes
- A focus on food presentation, the promotion of nutrition and hydration
- Professional approach to residents and visitors Team player
- Responsive to individuals needs
This is a developing role and the post holder will be required to flex and adapt as the role embeds
Salary: £14.70 per hour
Type: Permanent - Full Time