Deputy Home Manager
BECOME PART OF OUR FAMILY
DEPUTY HOME MANAGER
At Springfield Healthcare, we like to think of ourselves as one big family. From the residents we care for to every member of our team, our social care heroes.
We've been providing exceptional care in beautiful residential settings for over 50 years - and with a growing portfolio of care homes and care villages, we're looking for an outstanding care assistant to join us.
About the Role
Reporting to the Home Manager, the Deputy Manager will form part of Home Management team and hold responsibility for management, support and direction of care services. Mayfield View is an exceptional care home, combining beautiful surroundings with the latest technology and care expertise, all set within the heart of an established local community. Located within minutes of all local amenities in the centre of Ilkley, Mayfield View offers an impressive choice of care services for a wide range of age groups, within an incredible environment. The home provides care to people living with dementia who have residential needs, people who require nursing care and general residential care..
- Support and assist the Home Manager to ensure best practice at all times
- Oversee the management of the Care Home in the absence of Home Manager
- Lead the staff teams in delivering excellent care through a wide range of services personalised to the needs of each individual, helping to improve and enhance their quality of life.
- Supervising and mentoring staff teams in all aspects, giving assistance and guidance where required
- Ensure that regulatory requirements and company policy are met at all times.
Naturally, you're a caring person, and the kind who notices the little things that make a big difference to other people. You are a leader and you lead by example.
You’re a really good listener as well as someone who can mentor less experienced staff into being great at what they do. You will:
- Preferably hold a nursing qualification or minimum Level 4 in Leadership and Management
- Previous experience working at Deputy Manager Level in a care setting
- Excellent leadership skills - someone with a proven record of managing and motivating staff to produce outstanding results
- Drive and focus to provide excellent customer service and quality of care
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience and good understanding of care service practices, legislation, regulations and standards
Our homes provide exceptional, kind and compassionate care in beautiful surroundings, in the heart of communities. We offer an impressive choice of care services for a wide range of age groups, with modern nursing, residential and dementia care and support, as well as respite breaks within the majority of our homes.
All our bedrooms are en-suite and tastefully decorated. Our dining rooms and restaurants serve delicious and nutritionally balanced, award winning meals.
Our activities programmes are exceptional and tailored to our residents from walking clubs, to round the world themed days, technology based fun or baking. We also use the sparkles scheme to ensure even the most unusual hobbies can be supported.
The skills and experience of our team members means that we can offer homes that are beautiful to live in, operated professionally, and provide very high standards of care.
Springfield Healthcare Group was founded by our CEO, Graeme Lee. Graeme grew up in our Garforth Care Home, which was owned and run by his parents. Since taking the reins in 1994 the company has grown substantially and always with our residents at the heart of every decision.
Everyone is important and at Springfield we all treat each other as we would like to be treated ourselves. If this sounds like the kind of place you’d like to work then apply now online! You could be working in a great place with great people in no time at all.
Rewards and Benefits
We commit to making your time with us happy and fulfilling and we will offer you the opportunity to work in a vibrant and friendly atmosphere where you will be supported to develop both personally and professionally.
We offer and promote the Culture of Wellbeing, Competitive rates of pay, Referral bonus, Development Progression and Career Opportunities.
From 11 November 2021 all employees who need to enter a care facility to undertake their duties will need to be fully vaccinated (and provide proof of their vaccination status) unless they are under 18 years of age, or they are medically exempt.