Responsible to the kitchen Manager/deputy kitchen Manager and registered Manager
Purpose of position
· To provide a high standard of service in the home during the day, promoting dignity, privacy, choice, the rights of the residents and a person centred ethos.
· To ensure a warm friendly atmosphere, putting the residents first in all aspects of service delivery.
· To provide a service that helps carers to provide care for residents to help them achieve their personal potential and to be emotionally, spiritually and physically cared for to a high quality standard.
· To support residents to live in a communal environment that is well maintained, clean and attractive.
· To provide food and beverages of a high quality standard, in a customer focussed way that is responsive to the needs of individuals and is a high quality service.
· To serve food in innovative ways that encourages residents to maintain healthy diets as per their documented plan of care.
- Under the direction of the Head Chef and 2nd chef; to assist in kitchen tasks connected with the cooking and preparation of meals and beverages whilst ensuring the highest quality, as required by the residents and management.
- To carry out general kitchen and dining room duties, such as setting tables, washing up, serving meals etc.
- To conform to the home’s food hygiene and infection control policy and in particular critical points/hazard analysis. Personal appearance must be of an acceptable level, hair tied back, appropriate protective equipment worn and sensible non slip shoes should be worn.
- To ensure all equipment is well maintained and in good working order and to report any defects to the chef in charge
- To ensure all food served to residents meets or exceeds their expectations and work to promote healthy nutrition and hydration.
- To provide food that meets residents’ individual needs and requirements. To communicate with residents and read information to ensure all residents are catered for in the manner they prefer.
- To conform to the home’s policies and procedures and maintain a safe working environment.
- To be responsible for the preparation and cooking of light meals for residents following instructions from the chef in charge.
- To ensure the kitchen and dining areas are clean, maintained and adhere to the cleanliness standards required by relevant legislation from environmental health and other regulatory bodies.
Place of work
The kitchen assistants’ place of work is Springfield Care Home, Garforth, however if required, you may be required to travel to other areas for the purposes of training and development.
Health and Safety
· To ensure that statutory health and safety standards are adhered to and by no act or omission is any resident, staff member, yourself, or another put at risk.
· To ensure that all chemicals used in cleaning and disinfecting are used as per their instructions and stored safely.
· To ensure that any damage to equipment, furniture, fittings etc is reported immediately to management.
· To ensure that all residents’ personal belongings, company property and facilities are treated with respect.
· To ensure that all company policies and procedures are read, understood and adhered to.
· To support a safe working practice in the home.
· Carrying out any additional tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
At Springfield Healthcare, our main priority is the welfare and wellbeing of our residents and staff. Therefore, we require all our new staff to confirm that they have either had Covid-19 vaccine, or they are willing to receive it prior to start of the employment with us. There will be a requirement to sign a consent form to this effect at the point of a job interview.