Care Assistant & Seniors, Days and Nights
Senior Care Assistant and Care Assistants we WANT you!
Are you currently looking for a role in care? We are opening Harcourt Gardens in Harrogate in Summer 2021!
We are looking to develop a caring team within our new beautiful home in Harrogate, this special opportunity will allow your career to grow whilst been part of something new, We can give you lots of infomation of what is expected and what you will receive in return!
The Role of the Care Assistant would report to the Deputy and Home Manager
What is the purpose of your position as a Care Assistant?
- To provide a high standard of resident care in the Care Village, promoting dignity, privacy, choice, the rights of the individual and a person centred ethos.
- To ensure the wants and needs of residents are met to the best of your ability and create a warm friendly atmosphere, putting the residents first in all aspects of care delivery.
- To help residents achieve their personal potential and to be emotionally, spiritually and physically cared for to a high quality standard.
- To support residents to live in a communal environment that is well maintained, clean and attractive.
- Contributing to the safeguarding of adults by ensuring you are aware of your role in relation to the home’s safeguarding adults policy, taking steps to protect residents from any form of abuse or neglect and use appropriate reporting mechanisms to inform the General Manager of any concerns
What would you be expected to do on a day to day basis?
- To assist residents with all aspects of residents’ daily living. Providing a high standard of personal care and oral care, supporting suitable nutrition and hydration, and giving assistance as and when required.
- To serve food and drinks and promote good hydration throughout the shift. To assist with the promotion of additional calories for those residents who need nutritional support and maintaining dietary requirements for residents as per their care plan.
- Carry out regular checks on residents ensuring all residents are clean and comfortable, and their own level of personal appearance is maintained. To assist residents who need additional support with moving, pressure relief or incontinence. To ensure residents are cared for in all health aspects, including pressure care, personal grooming, health conditions, skin integrity etc.
- To ensure residents remain stimulated, are encouraged and assisted to join in activities, can access services such as chiropodists, hairdressers etc. To assist with trips out of the home, and into the community as and when required.
- Answer alarms as quickly as practicable and give residents any support, assistance and comfort they may require.
- Undertake daily domestic duties in communal areas – cleaning of chairs and tables, maintaining tidy bedrooms, emptying and cleaning commodes when used, the general cleaning of communal toilets and baths when required.
- Assist residents who need help bathing, or showering.
- Before leaving shift, ensure all residents are checked and that any who need assistance with continence receive this prior to next staff taking over.
- Read care plans and notes for information on residents and ensure you understand how to care for a resident properly. Write accurate detailed progress notes, ensure any accident or incident is reported factually, and a comprehensive handover is completed with oncoming staff.
- To maintain your own professional competency by attending training courses and information sessions as directed by the General Manager, Deputy Manager or Trainer.
- To be familiar with all emergency procedures, including the hospital escort procedure, and to understand that hospital escort is part of the role of care worker.
Where will my place of work be?
As a Care Assistant you will be located at Harcourt Gardens in Harrogate. Take a look on our website, inside and outside are a beautiful setting to work in! We may also require you to accompany a resdient to any local hospital. To ensure we keep you up to date with your training you may be required to travel to our Training Centre for the purposes of training and develpment ( Transport can be arranged for this purpose)
What about Health and Safety in the Workplace?
- To ensure that statutory health and safety standards are adhered to and by no act or omission is any resident, staff member, yourself, or another put at risk.
- To ensure that all chemicals used for cleaning and disinfecting are used as per their instructions and stored safely.
- To ensure that any damage to equipment, furniture, fittings etc is reported immediately to management.
- To ensure that all residents personal belongings, company property and facilities are treated with respect.
- To ensure that all company policies and procedures are read, understood and adhered to.
- To support a safe working practice in the home
What are the benefits of working for Springfield Healthcare?
- Subsidised Meals
- Full Training and Uniform
- Recognition Schemes and Rewards
- Mental Health support from our trained Mental Health Team
- Free Parking
- 28 Days Holiday per year
- And much more...
This job description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list.
Springfield Healthcare is an equal opportunities employer and encourage you to apply for this role.
At Springfield Healthcare, our main priority is the welfare and wellbeing of our residents and staff. Therefore, we require all our new staff to confirm that they have either had Covid-19 vaccine, or they are willing to receive it prior to start of the employment with us. There will be a requirement to sign a consent form to this effect at the point of a job interview.