Kitchen Assistants we WANT you!
We are opening Harcourt Gardens in Harrogate in Summer 2021 and recruiting now!
Do you currently working in the catering industry and fancy a change? No late nights and a feeling of belonging in our fantastic care home! Or are you looking for a new an exciting challenge? Read on to find out more!
We are looking to develop a kitchen team within our new beautiful home in Harrogate, this special opportunity will allow your career to grow whilst been part of something new, We can give you lots of information of what is expected and what you will receive in return!
Responsible to the Head Chef, General Manager and Deputy Manager
What is the purpose of the Position?
- To provide food and beverages of a high-quality standard, in a customer focussed way that is responsive to the needs of individuals and is a high-quality service.
- To provide a high standard of service in the home during the day, promoting dignity, privacy, choice, the rights of the residents and a person-centred ethos.
- To ensure a warm friendly atmosphere, putting the residents first in all aspects of service delivery.
- To provide a service that helps carers to provide care for residents to help them achieve their personal potential and to be emotionally, spiritually and physically cared for to a high-quality standard.
- To support residents to live in a communal environment that is well maintained, clean and attractive.
- To serve food in innovative ways that encourages residents to maintain healthy diets as per their documented plan of care.
- Contributing to the safeguarding of adults by ensuring you are aware of your role in relation to the home’s safeguarding adults’ policy, taking steps to protect residents from any form of abuse or neglect and use appropriate reporting mechanisms to inform the Registered Manager of any concerns
What will I be responsible for during my day at work?
- Under the direction of the Head Chef to assist in catering tasks connected with the cooking and preparation of meals and beverages whilst ensuring the highest quality, as required by the residents and management.
- To carry out general kitchen and dining room duties, such as setting tables, washing up, serving meals etc.
- To conform to the home’s food hygiene and infection control policy and in particular critical points/hazard analysis. Personal appearance must be of an acceptable level, hair tied back, appropriate protective equipment worn and sensible nonslip shoes should be worn.
- To ensure all equipment is well maintained and in good working order and to report any defects to the Head Chef.
- To ensure all food served to residents meets or exceeds their expectations and work to promote healthy nutrition and hydration.
- To provide food that meets residents’ individual needs and requirements. To communicate with residents and read information to ensure all residents are catered for in the manner they prefer.
- To conform to the home’s policies and procedures and maintain a safe working environment.
- To be responsible for the preparation and cooking of light meals for residents following instructions from the Head Chef
- To ensure the kitchen and dining areas are clean, maintained and adhere to the cleanliness standards required by relevant legislation from environmental health and other regulatory bodies.
Where will I be working?
The Hospitality assistants’ place of work is Harcourt Gardens in Harrogate, however if required, you may be required to travel to other areas for the purposes of training and development.
How is my Health and Safety looked after in the workplace?
- To ensure that statutory health and safety standards are adhered to and by no act or omission is any resident, staff member, yourself, or another put at risk.
- To ensure that all chemicals used in cleaning and disinfecting are used as per their instructions and stored safely.
- To ensure that any damage to equipment, furniture, fittings etc is reported immediately to management.
- To ensure that all residents’ personal belongings, company property and facilities are treated with respect.
- To ensure that all company policies and procedures are read, understood and adhered to.
- To support a safe working practice in the home.
- Carrying out any additional tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
What are the benefits of working for Springfield Healthcare?
- Subsidised Meals
- Full Training and Uniform
- Recognition Schemes and Rewards
- Mental Health support from our trained Mental Health Team
- Free Parking
- 28 Days Holiday per year
- And much more...
This job description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list.
Springfield Healthcare is an equal opportunities employer and encourage you to apply for this role.
At Springfield Healthcare, our main priority is the welfare and wellbeing of our residents and staff. Therefore, we require all our new staff to confirm that they have either had Covid-19 vaccine, or they are willing to receive it prior to start of the employment with us. There will be a requirement to sign a consent form to this effect at the point of a job interview.