SPRINGFIELD HEALTHCARE GROUP
Home: Mayfield View, Ilkley
Wellbeing and Fitness Assistant
Springfield Healthcare has been providing excellent care in beautiful residential settings for over 50 years. We have a growing portfolio of Care Homes and Care Villages throughout Yorkshire which means that we can offer great career opportunities in social care to talented and hardworking members of our team.
You will work with our Activities & Wellbeing Team Leader to deliver a program of innovative and fun personalized and group activities to enrich and fulfill the lives of people who live in our care home.
- To motivate the residents to participate in group and individualized programs of exercise to maintain their well being
- Provide safe and effective group fitness sessions in settings requiring gentle seated, adaptive physical activity for elderly and less abled residents
- Develop and implement individual physical fitness plans for frail residents who cannot attend group fitness activities.
- Conduct a basic program of safe adaptive sports and physically active games for elderly and disabled adults. Competently design, format, sequence and supervise long term care fitness programs that promote muscular strength, functional range-of-motion, skeletal integrity, balance, coordination, fall prevention,
- To develop walking groups which offer residents the opportunity to exercise both in immediate vicinity and in local places of interest
- To keep accurate records of the programs which have been delivered
- Work cooperatively and efficiently with other team members, and support and develop them to feel confident in carrying out individualized programs
- Respond effectively to emergency situations
- To be a member of the falls prevention team
The role is accountable to the Wellbeing and Activities Team Leader.
What skills and experiences are we looking for?
- We’re looking for truly awesome individuals with the most incredibly positive, happy and “can-do” attitudes! People who will do everything in their power to provide outstanding care for our discerning residents.
- We need team players for whom being professional and respectful to everyone comes naturally and who want to be part of something very special.
- Previous experience of working in a care environment is desirable
- Experience in delivering activities programs in any setting is required
- Previous experience of delivering sport and physical activity programs is required
- BTech in Sports and Fitness or equivalent
- Care Certificate – can be completed in house
Why should I apply?
In additional to the opportunity to join our dynamic teams and to be part of something special, we offer excellent training and professional development opportunities to all our staff.
At Springfield Healthcare, our main priority is the welfare and wellbeing of our residents and staff. Therefore, we require all our new staff to confirm that they have either had Covid-19 vaccine, or they are willing to receive it prior to start of the employment with us. There will be a requirement to sign a consent form to this effect at the point of a job interview.