Well Being & Activities Team Leader
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Manage, coach, motivate and provide performance evaluations to the home’s team of wellbeing staff & volunteers.
- Plan, organise and oversee a variety of activities, social events, daytrips, multi-day excursions on the activity program and ensure risk assessments are in place.
- Effectively manage activity stock and supplies.
- Manage all activity program logistics, including bus transportation, staff scheduling and troubleshooting.
- Be available to work late nights for some events, such as host family evenings, arrivals and departures, and also assist with emergency situations should they arrive.
- Encourage involvement in the local community both within the home and residents accessing the wider community
- Assist and support carers in developing activity provision
- Maintain full and accurate records of activities using the relevant documentations, in order to monitor, record and evaluate individual and group participation and success.
- To keep abreast with new developments in the field of wellbeing and caring for older people.
- Assist in the organisation of fund-raising events within the home.
- To assist the Registered Manager in actively marketing the home and promoting a positive profile within the community.
- Ensure full privacy and dignity of residents in line with the company’s Policies and procedure
- Maintains a balanced resident centred activity programme for the home.
- Assess, plans and manages the facilitation of a comprehensive activities programme utilising team members, care staff and volunteers.
- Recruit entertainers and schedules special events.
- Prepares and reviews the activity calendar with the Home Manager prior to printing.
- Coordinates with other department heads to ensure that all equipment and supplies are on hand for routine activities and special events.
- Plans, coordinates and facilitates appropriate daily mixed group activities.
- Maintains a strong public program in support of the activities programming and community operations.
- Provide risk assessments for level of activity.
Provide a plan of activities appropriate to the needs of the residents that includes, but is not limited to:
- Group social activities.
- Indoors and outdoors activities, which may include daily walks.
- Activities away from the home.
- Spiritual programs and attendance at houses of worship.
- Opportunity for resident involvement in planning and implementation of the activities program.
- Creative activities such as arts, crafts music, drama, educational programs.
- Exercise activities.
- One to one attention.
- Promotion of community interaction.
- Prepare a Weekly / Monthly calendar of activities, posted in a prominent location that is visible to residents and visitors.
- Coordinate the activities program with other services in the home.
- Recruit, train and supervise new staff and volunteers when appropriate.
- Involve family, staff and community volunteers to participate as a regular part of the activity programme with the assistance of the Home Manager
- Assess resident needs and develop resident activities goal for the care plan.
- Takes time to get to know each resident as an individual in order to provide stimulating activities to meet varying needs. Make the memory boxes, scrapbooks, wall art in residents’ bedrooms with their photos.
- Encourage resident participation in activities and document outcomes.
- Review goals and progress notes.
- Obtain necessary equipment and supplies and provide for their accessibility through organised storage.
- Coordinates Dementia Café, Dementia Action Plan Projects and Dementia Matters.
- Inspire and motivate the care team to provide stimulating activity provision, led by example setting the pace and standard, praise and recognise good performance
- Be able to challenge poor performance and report any problems to the Registered Manager
- Work on own initiative to manage workloads and any problems and cascade to Registered Manager as necessary
- Promote the company ethos of quality care delivery and strive towards recognition by awarding bodies and outside agencies.
- Discuss the aims and objectives of recreational therapy with other staff members.
- Report any changes in a resident’s physical or emotional conditions to the Registered Manager.
- Provide comfort and company, on a one to one basis, for residents who are unable to participate in any form of activity.
- Arrange and participate on residents’ meetings, as and when required or as directed by the Registered Manager.
- Participate in staff meetings when required
Training and Development
- Ensure all staff members know how to use appropriate equipment and that all equipment is in good working order, clean and maintained.
- To undertake all mandatory and specialist training as directed by the Registered Manager, to ensure all legal requirements are maintained at all times.
- Maintain and update professional knowledge and competence and maintain a CPD record.
- To assist with care requirements as and when required.
Health & Safety
- Ensure that statutory health and safety standards are adhered to and by no act or omission is any resident, staff member, yourself, or another put at risk
- Maintain and support the standards for infection prevention and control in line with agreed guidelines
- Ensure that any damage to equipment, furniture, fittings etc. is reported immediately to management
- Ensure that all resident’s personal belongings, company property and facilities are treated with respect
- Ensure that all company policies and procedures are read, understood and adhered to
- Support a safe working practice in the home
- Report any unsafe working practice.
- Promote a positive personal/professional profile within the local community, ensuring the good reputation of the Company at all times.
- Adhering to all company policies and procedures.
- Carrying out any additional tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
- To take reasonable care for the health & safety of yourself and others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work and to cooperate with any requirement to adhere to statutory or other safety regulations.
The Job Description is subject to continual review and adjustment according to the needs of our residents and the company in general. The job description will inevitably evolve and change over the period of the employment. This document should not therefore be taken as an exhaustively listing of tasks and responsibilities attaching to the post. Any changes will be fully discussed with the post holder.
At Springfield Healthcare, our main priority is the welfare and wellbeing of our residents and staff. Therefore, we require all our new staff to confirm that they have either had Covid-19 vaccine, or they are willing to receive it prior to start of the employment with us. There will be a requirement to sign a consent form to this effect at the point of a job interview.