Night Care Assistant 3 nights
Job Title - Night Care Assistant
Hours - 3 nights per week, alternate weekends
Salary - £8.70 - £9.00 per hour
Springfield Care home was originally a large family home and over the years it has been sympathetically extended and modernised to provide 69 en-suite registered care beds. Our home specialises in residential care and care for individuals living with the early stages of dementia, supporting residents in every aspect of life. Our professional and caring team are proud to offer a wide range of daily activities designed to enhance wellbeing and help people to live safely, happily, and as independently as possible.
Residents, relatives, visitors and staff consistently comment that Springfield feels like a real family, and with some members of staff having celebrated more than 20 years with us that's not really surprising! Our staff really do care; come and meet us and see for yourself. You're assured of a warm welcome.
Main Role Duties:
- To assist residents with their night time routine, helping them get ready for bed and settle down for the night. Providing a high standard of personal care including oral care.
- To serve supper and drinks and promote good hydration throughout the night. To assist with the promotion of additional calories for those residents who need nutritional support and maintaining dietary requirements for residents as per their care plan.
- To administer medication to residents, if qualified to do so, and maintain accurate administration records.
- Carry out regular checks on residents ensuring all residents are clean and comfortable throughout the night. Incontinent residents must be checked more regularly. Offering residents drinks throughout the night when they are awake.
- Carry out regular checks on the building with special reference to fire prevention and security throughout the night.
- Answer alarms as quickly as practicable and give residents any support, assistance and comfort they may require.
- Undertake domestic duties in communal areas ie cleaning of chairs and tables, floors, paintwork, laundry, emptying and cleaning commodes when used, the deep clean of communal toilets and vegetable preparation,.
- If working on the units, to ensure the ironing is completed and hung up or placed in baskets, ready for delivery to rooms when residents are awake.
- Assist residents who need help bathing, dressing, oral care and toileting and getting out of bed as required on a morning.
- Ensure all residents are checked before leaving shift and any that are awake or needing assistance with continence receive this prior to day staff taking over.
- Read care plans for any additional information on residents and write accurate detailed progress notes, ensure any accident or incident is reported factually, and a comprehensive handover is completed with oncoming staff.
- To maintain your own professional competency by attending training courses and information sessions as directed by the Registered Manager or Deputy Night Manager.
- To be familiar with all emergency procedures including the hospital escort procedure and to understand that hospital escorts are part of the role of night care worker.
Why Work For Us?
Perhaps you’re a seasoned professional looking for a new challenge or you've never worked in care before, regardless, we've got a great induction and onboarding process which provides all the training, support and mentorship that you'll need. It’s all about you! And once you’ve made that first step we’ve superb career opportunities for those who wish to progress.
We work hard to recognise the dedication, hard work and commitment of our care teams and ensure that you get a good work/life balance - that’s really important to us. We need you to bring your best self to work each day so that you can give your best to our residents.
We provide guaranteed hours contracts and good salaries. Career development opportunities into different areas and a benefits package which includes an employee assistance programme, pension scheme, employee “You’re a STAR” recognition incentives, long service recognition and referral bonuses to name a few.
We'd love to speak to you, so get in touch…
At Springfield Healthcare, our main priority is the welfare and wellbeing of our residents and staff. Therefore, we require all our new staff to confirm that they have either had Covid-19 vaccine, or they are willing to receive it prior to start of the employment with us. There will be a requirement to sign a consent form to this effect at the point of a job