At Springfield Healthcare, we are committed to providing high-quality care to our residents and providing great support to our staff while also being good stewards of the environment and the communities in which we operate.
We believe that environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors are all important to our long-term success, and we are committed to integrating them into all aspects of our business.
Our ESG policy sets out our commitment to these principles and outlines our goals for the future. We will continue to work to improve our performance in these areas and to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Here are some of the specific ESG goals that Springfield Healthcare has set for itself:
- To calculate our emissions on the path to establishing carbon reduction targets and a decarbonisation plan by 2024.
- To set targets to reduce food waste in our care homes and measure progress against these targets.
- To embed our Wellbeing programme by growing our team of mental health first aiders with MHFA England by establishing a network of wellbeing forums and ambassadors in each home, starting with our York and Garforth homes.
- To put in place a supplier code of conduct. This is in addition to our existing code of conduct for staff and policies on anti-corruption and bribery, equal opportunity, equality and diversity, complaints and whistleblowing.
- To produce a Materiality Assessment, set ESG targets and produce an Annual Statement which ensures our ESG commitment and progress is fully transparent.
ESG stands for Environmental, Social, and Governance. It is a set of practices that a company implements to limit its negative impact, or enhance its positive impact on the environment and society, and measure how transparent and accountable it is.
ESG is becoming increasingly important to businesses, investors, and consumers. Businesses are realising that adopting an ESG framework has benefits – from helping the environment, supporting diversity and equal opportunities, engaging staff and ensuring ethical business decisions. Investors are looking for companies that are committed to ESG principles, and consumers are choosing to support companies that share their values.
An ESG policy is a document that outlines a company’s commitment to ESG principles. It usually includes goals, objectives, and strategies for achieving those goals.
An ESG statement is a document that provides information about a company’s ESG performance. It will include information about the company’s environmental impact, social impact, and governance practices.
ESG policy and statement documents can also be used to:
- Set goals and objectives for a company’s ESG performance
- Develop strategies for achieving those goals
- Track progress over time